Are you looking for a way to improve your online marketing skills? Or, perhaps you’re looking to get certified in digital marketing? We’ve compiled the top 10 best digital marketing courses you can access from the comfort of your home.
We’ve included courses from fundamentals to more advanced concepts, which will help you build a strong foundation in the field. So whether you want to jumpstart your career or expand your knowledge, these digital marketing courses are perfect for you.
Table of Contents
Who can do a digital marketing course?
Digital marketing has become a highly sought-after skill for any business, regardless of size.
Although digital marketing professionals are the primary demographic, the best part is that you aren’t required to have a marketing degree or prior experience to enroll in most courses. Many entrepreneurs, marketing managers, marketing specialists, and small business owners also enroll in digital marketing courses.
Having the necessary skills to market your company online can make a big difference in your ability to communicate your brand and sell your products or services in the advent of social media, e-commerce, and websites.
What can you learn from a digital marketing course?
Did you know:
- Email collection forms are the most successful at converting viewers, with a15%conversion rate?
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates3xas many leads?
- The 1st five links on the first page of Google results account for67%of all clicks, while a meager0.78%of Google searchers will click on the second-page results?
If you aren’t familiar with digital marketing techniques, you’ll be missing out on opportunities to grow your business and even make mistakes that can stunt your online presence.
Here’s are some of the essential digital marketing skills you can learn by taking an online course:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Marketing Automation
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Management
And there’s more! The reality is that digital marketing demands a wide range of both soft and hard skills. Clickhereto read our blog on rockstar marketers’ hard and soft digital marketing skills.
Which online digital marketing course is best? [+7 Tips]
There are a variety of digital marketing courses out there, so it can be tricky to choose the right one for you.
We’ve come up with 7 tips to help you narrow down your choices:
1. Certificate of completion
Does the course offer a means to certify your knowledge so that you can include this in your online portfolio or CV?
2. Curriculum offered
Does the course cover the skills and topics you’re looking for? For a beginner’s course, for example, does the course offer critical marketing skills and strategies, from frameworks and funnels to web analytics and SEO?
3. Quality of instructors
This encompasses not only the instructors’ professional credentials but also their communication and teaching skills, as well as listening and empathy.
An instructor may have an impressive background, but if you don’t resonate with their teaching method, you may not be able to absorb the course effectively.
4. Course effectiveness
What has enabled its students to do or become that they couldn’t have before the course? Check out graduate testimonials, the projects and clients these graduates have, and especially the results they produce for their clients.
Does the course build camaraderie and personal connection through the online platform? One of the underrated benefits of a course is the potential to build a network and have a support system. Another vital question to ask is: Does the community support extend beyond the course?
Do students get to put the marketing strategies they learn into action through hands-on, project-based exercises?
7. Real-world 21st-century application
Is the course highly applicable to contemporary, 21st-century digital marketing and educating its students about the cutting-edge new developments in the digital marketing space?
Top 10 best digital marketing courses [Online]
Here are the 10 best digital marketing courses to learn the skills you need to become a digital marketing expert.
1. Google Digital Garage [Free]
Google Digital Garage
Learn the fundamentals of online business through Google’s learning platform, Digital Garage, in a convenient manner.
Time to complete: 40 hours
Ideal for: Beginners who have or are launching their online business and want to learn from one of the most globally-recognized brands.
Google’s fundamentals of online business have 26 modules on different topics about increasing reach, building an online marketing strategy, how to make our brand searchable, mobile optimization, advertising, and more. You also get an accredited certificate!
Although it’s a solo experience, you can apply your learnings through quizzes and action items.
2. SEMRush Academy [Free]
SEMRush is the company behind the SEMRush brand of analytics and SEO tools. Learn from top experts such as Brian Dean, one of the forerunners of SEO, at your own pace.
Time to complete:1-20 hours
Ideal for:English or Spanish learners looking to learn the basics to advanced digital marketing concepts, especially SEO. A bonus: Learn how to use SEMRush tools in depth.
If you’re looking for tried-and-true advice from the experts, consider SEMRush Academy and learn about SEO, content marketing, PPC, affiliate marketing, and social media marketing. As the lessons are pre-recorded videos, you don’t get live or community support.
3. HubSpot Academy [Free]
HubSpot, like SEMRush, is another leading company in the digital marketing industry. They boast comprehensive courses on social media, email marketing, SEO, inbound sales, and content marketing.
Time to complete:A course runs from 1:30 hours to 7
Ideal for:Non-English and English-speaking learners who want “personalized” training recommendations and want to go from “basic” knowledge in their topic of choice to an “expert.”
HubSpot Academy boasts “personalized” training in 5 languages! This is an excellent choice for non-English speakers looking for reputable courses. You also get access to a complete education library and free software tools. Your learning in the academy is self-paced, so complete in your own time.
4. Simplilearn Digital Marketing Specialist Master’s Program [Paid]
Simplilearn’s Digital Marketing Specialist Masters program
For those looking for more than a certificate and looking for a diploma, Simplilearn’s Digital Marketing Specialist Master’s program will teach you all the core concepts of digital marketing and its tools and also work on case studies.
Time to complete:1 year
Ideal for: Beginners to experienced, looking for a Master’s program in Digital Marketing
With this Master’s program, you have the benefit of hitting multiple birds with one stone as the curriculum is aligned with certifications from Facebook Blueprint, Google Analytics, OMCP, Hootsuite, and HubSpot.
You also get to work alongside students in this online course to learn Google Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, Google and Bing ads, and many more tools in a “formal” and structured manner with your advisors.
5. Simplilearn Post Graduate Program in Digital Marketing in partnership with Purdue University [Paid]
Simplilearn x Purdue University’s Digital Marketing Post-graduate program
Yes, Simplilearn also offers a post-graduate degree program. This program is in partnership with Purdue University and co-created by Facebook/Meta.
Time to complete:6 months
Ideal for:Experienced marketers looking for interactive learning and real-world projects with the world’s biggest brands
If you can invest, get ready to work, work, work. You’ll be working with Yahoo!, TripAdvisor, Mastercard, and more and have the support of fellow students and your advisors.
6. Coursera Digital Marketing Specialization [Paid]
Coursera’s Digital Marketing Specialization course
Coursera’s Digital Marketing Specialization comprises 6 courses that explore the emergent digital marketing industry.
Time to complete:8 months
Ideal for:Committed beginners to experienced who want to earn credits towards a degree
Price:Free seven-day trial, followed by a monthly cost of $79
In this online course, you get credits towards a degree in the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign’s online Master of Business Administration (iMBA) program and individual certificates for hands-on projects.
7. Udemy Digital Marketing 12-in-1 Course [Paid]
Udemy’s Digital Marketing Course bundle
Prefer to learn on Udemy but don’t know where to start? Udemy’s Digital Marketing course bundles 12 beginner-friendly courses on different facets of digital marketing.
Time to complete:1 month or more, depending on your pace
Ideal for:Beginners who want to learn on Udemy
This is an affordable certification where you can learn Youtube marketing, Google ads, Email marketing, and more from various instructors. The course is “highly interactive” with projects, checklists, and actionable lectures in every section.
8. Copyblogger Academy [Paid]
We recommend this for digital marketers who want to brush up on copywriting, creative thinking, and content strategy.
Time to complete: 1 month
Ideal for:Beginners who want to write killer copy and receive ongoing training and support
Copyblogger Academy offers automation, funnels, SEO, copywriting, content strategy training, and more. Besides learning from masterclass sessions, you also get a monthly accountability group, monthly coaching, and daily exercises.
9. LinkedIn Learning with Lynda [Paid]
LinkedIn Learning is LinkedIn’s platform for aspiring digital marketers. Choose from 1,087 relevant courses and 21,687 other video tutorials. Some courses offer CPD credits.
Time to complete:30-90 minutes per course
Ideal for:Beginners to professionals looking for digital marketing courses and then some
Price:$29.99/month or $19.99/month billed annually
Suppose you’re looking for specific training on graphic design and using Adobe products, for example. In that case, LinkedIn Learning has the edge over other competitors listed because the platform does have training for the more visual type of content marketing.
10. Acadium’s Digital Marketing Courses [Free + Paid]
Acadium Courses + Tasks
Learn marketing basics with free courses, build an impressive portfolio with real-world tasks, and get an accredited certificate!
Time to complete: 1-5 hours, depending on you.
Ideal for: Beginners to experienced looking to build their portfolio by doing tasks aside from course learning.
Acadium Courses + Tasks is perfect for those wanting to quickly brush up on marketing concepts and do quick tasks to build their portfolio. It’s free to enroll in a course and to start receiving reviews from mentors.
Looking for personalized coaching, career pathing, and marketing connections? Acadium Plus is a paid 12-module course, carefully designed to provide you with the right tools, techniques, and skills to get hired within 6 to 12 months in the right marketing role!
Not just this, you will also gain confidence in the hard skills by doing real-world assignments.
If you are ready to commit at least 10-20 hours per week (for 8 weeks) to developing your personal brand, networking, and completing interviews with targeted companies, check out Acadium Plus.
Become a Digital Marketer with Acadium
What if you have zero experience in digital marketing and zero budget? We’ve got you covered! Try an Acadium Apprenticeship.
Kailee Shearingworked in the Canadian live events and entertainment industry for 10 years.
While she loved her job, she wanted to do something that offered more work-life balance. She decided that she wanted to learn more about content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) to launch a marketing career.
Through a quick Google search, she found Acadium.
Kailee started taking thefree courseson the platform. She worked her way through several courses, which provided a basic introduction to digital marketing concepts.
Kailee built up her comfort levels with digital marketing concepts and soon decided to take on a writingapprenticeshipwhere she:
- Met with her mentor every Wednesday to talk about tasks for the week and the results from the previous week.
- Learned how to write conversion-focused content and how to edit for brand voice, brevity, and clarity.
- Edited blog posts, wrote video scripts and social media captions, and set up lead generation quizzes. Her quality of work increased every with every feedback from her mentor!
Kailee got a job offer from her mentor halfway through her apprenticeship for a role as a content marketer. She had successfully launched her marketing career!
Despite losing her events job due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kailee built a marketing career that she loved. She now works remotely and has the work-life balance that she had wanted.
“Now I’m living my dream job. None of that would’ve been possible if it wasn’t for Acadium. You guys gave me the confidence and the education and the skills that I needed to make my dreams a reality.”
Gain marketing experience
Work with a mentor for 3 months and gain the digital marketing work experience you need to get hired. 100% remote and always free.
- 10 Places to Find a Great Marketing Internship this Summer [+ Top Tips]
- How to Create an Impressive Online Marketing Portfolio (Even with No Experience)
- 7 Best Digital Marketing Jobs to Land as a Marketing Newbie
- How to Gain Relevant Marketing Experience for a New Career
- How Much Do Digital Marketers Make? State-wise Salaries in USA, 2022
- Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce: Google.
- Meta Social Media Marketing: Meta.
- Foundations of Digital Marketing and E-commerce: Google.
- The Strategy of Content Marketing: University of California, Davis.
- Google Ads Certifications. ...
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification. ...
- Hootsuite Social Marketing Certification Course. ...
- HubSpot Email Marketing Course. ...
- HubSpot Marketing Software Course. ...
- Meta Certified Digital Marketing Associate. ...
- Semrush SEO Toolkit Exam.
- Get on-the-job experience. Once you've decided on an initial focus area, put yourself out there. ...
- Learn as much as you can. ...
- 2) Search Engine Marketing (SEM): ...
- 3) Email Marketing: ...
- 6) Content Marketing. ...
- 7) Social Media Marketing.
- 5 trending professional courses to make you Job Ready.
- Full Stack Developer.
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- 3.Cloud Computing.
- 4.Digital Marketing.
- Marketing Automation. ...
- Video Production and Marketing. ...
- Paid Media Specialist. ...
- Content Marketing Specialist. ...
- Analytics. ...
- SEO. ...
- Copywriting. ...
- New York. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. ...
- London. Business capital of the UK and home to nearly 9 million people, London really is a global city. ...
- Tokyo. Fancy brushing up on your Japanese? ...
- Bangkok. ...
- Shanghai. ...
- San Francisco. ...
- Amsterdam. ...
The BLS recommends taking courses in:
- Business law.
- Computer Science.
The fastest-growing skills are copywriting and search engine optimization. Comprehensive knowledge of how multiple marketing channels work together is critical to standing out in the field.Which Google certificate is most valuable? ›
The Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate is one of the most valuable Google career certifications you can get. Certified data analysts get an entry-level salary of $67,900 per year and can grow to more than $110K per year once they get 10+ years of working experience.Which are the most advanced digital marketing courses in the world? ›
- Content Marketing.
- Conversion Rate Optimization.
- Email Marketing.
- Mobile Marketing.
- Paid Search.
- Search Engine Optimization.
- Social Media Marketing.
- Digital Analytics.
That said, it should take you about 2-3 months to learn and market. The longer time frame is due to the constant testing process, where you'll have to put out ads and identify which ads performed the best in terms of click rate and time spent watching.Can I start digital marketing with no experience? ›
No prior experience is required but you will need to build a strong awareness of digital marketing. The company uses digital advertising and marketing strategies to promote and successfully market a…How long do you need to study for digital marketing? ›
It takes most people one to three months to learn the different digital marketing tools and techniques, and it takes six months to a year to perfect those skills through practice.What are the top 5 courses? ›
- Data Science. ...
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. ...
- Big Data. ...
- Business Intelligence. ...
- Cloud Computing. ...
- Project Management. ...
- Software Development. ...
- Full-stack development.
- Digital Marketing.
- Data Science.
- Big Data Analytics.
- Cloud Computing.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Blockchain Technology.
- Apache Hadoop.
- Cyber Security.
- Pharmacology. For a lucrative career helping people, pharmacology is at the top of the list for in-demand degrees. ...
- Computer Science. ...
- Health Science. ...
- Information Technology. ...
- Engineering. ...
- Business Administration. ...
- Finance. ...
- Human Resources.
- Corporate Communications Director. ...
- Marketing Research Director. ...
- Director of Email Marketing. ...
- Director of Digital Marketing. ...
- Content Marketing Director. ...
- Demand Generation Manager. ...
- Brand Marketing Manager.
7 high-income skills to learn
- Data analysis. ...
- Software development. ...
- User experience. ...
- Web development. ...
- Project management. ...
- Account management. ...
- Content creation and management.
Highest salary that a SEO can earn is ₹10.6 Lakhs per year (₹88.3k per month). How does SEO Salary in India change with experience? An Entry Level SEO with less than three years of experience earns an average salary of ₹2.6 Lakhs per year.Can I do digital marketing at home? ›
The short answer is Yes! Read the complete article to know about the detailed work process of digital marketing as a Work from home option. We all know that the present world is widely running on a digital platform.
- Take every class you can get your hands on. ...
- Teach yourself online marketing through books. ...
- Seek mentors to help you. ...
- Practice what you're learning. ...
- Never stop learning.
As of 2021, the United States ranked as the most digitally competitive country in the world. Digital competitiveness rankings aim to analyze a country's ability to adopt digital technologies and implement these technologies within enterprises and government organizations.Which country uses digital marketing the most? ›
Digital Marketing Skills in the United States
As one of the most digitally competitive countries in the world, the US is at the forefront of digital innovation and transformation.
- Leverage social media.
- Start a blog.
- Maximize search engine optimization (SEO).
- Create a call to action (CTA).
- Engage influencers.
- Build a mailing list.
- Create an affiliate program.
- Social media is the most in-demand digital skill area.
- Software development believed to be the most important digital job in the future.
- Tools and tech that could set you apart from other candidates.
Upon completion of the Google IT Support or IT Automation with Python Certificates, you will gain access to an exclusive job platform where you can easily apply to opportunities from employers with open IT jobs.Which course is good from Google? ›
Our winner for the best overall Google certification course is the Google Project Management: Professional Certificate offered by Coursera. It wins our top spot because within six months a learner with no degree and no experience can obtain the skills necessary to get an entry-level job in the project management field.Which course is best in Google? ›
- Google Data Analytics: Google.
- Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce: Google.
- Google Project Management:: Google.
- Análisis de Datos de Google: Google.
- Crash Course on Python: Google.
- Getting started with Google Workspace: Google Cloud.
- ClickMinded. Digital Marketing Course.
- Alison. Free Diploma in E-Business.
- Digiteers. Social Media Marketing Intensive.
- Hubspot Academy. Email Marketing Certification Course: Get Certified in Email Marketing.
- Google Digital Garage. Fundamentals of Digital Marketing.
- Coursera. ...
- Simplilearn. ...
- Blockchain and Crypto.
- Video Production.
- Graphic Design.
- Arts & Crafts.
- Health and Fitness.
- Personal Development.
Is It Hard to Acquire Digital Marketing Skills? Most industry experts agree that foundational digital marketing skills are not hard to learn. However, it can be challenging to master those skills and put them to effective use in digital marketing campaigns.Can I get job easily in digital marketing? ›
Starting a career in digital marketing is a great choice. There is increased demand for digital marketing professionals worldwide, the salary is good (depending on experience) and it's a job you can do on your own as a freelancer or by joining a digital marketing agency.How do I get my first job in digital marketing? ›
- Do your research. ...
- Get a relevant degree. ...
- Acquire college qualifications (optional) ...
- Apply for internships. ...
- Research reputable digital marketing companies. ...
- Apply for digital marketing positions. ...
- Develop your digital marketing skills.
Digital advertisers do not need any programming abilities or coding background upfront to begin their career in Digital Marketing. In the ability sets required of a Digital Marketing Professionals, many marketing experts see coding as not very fundamental or the exclusive domain.Is digital marketing worth learning in 2022? ›
Yes, digital marketing is of course a well-paid job. The average salary of a digital marketer at an executive-level position lies between INR 2,50,000 to 5,00,000. And the average highest starting salary at a manager's level is between INR 8,00,000 to 10,00,000.Is digital marketing in demand in 2022? ›
The future of digital marketing is bright and promising. In 2022, the field saw tremendous growth. The field may change; however, it won't die. Over time, marketers tend to adapt to the change to increase their reach to their customers.What is the future of digital marketing 2022? ›
2022 Trends Shaping the Future of Digital Marketing. Marketing Strategy The MAP to reach your revenue and lead goals. Website Design & Development Optimize your digital user interface and experience. Sales Enablement Sales tools and resources to guide your team.Can I get a job after digital marketing course? ›
Digital Marketing Skills In Demand
If you master skills like SEM and SEO which increase your business ranking on search engines, then you can easily land a high-paying job as it is the need of the hour.
Registering for paid digital marketing classes is an excellent investment in your future if you want to switch careers and become a Digital Marketer. While free tutorials can get you started, they simply do not go into enough detail to give you the education you need find work as a Digital Marketer.What is the salary of a digital marketer? ›
Digital Marketer salary in India ranges between ₹ 0.7 Lakhs to ₹ 10.5 Lakhs with an average annual salary of ₹ 3.2 Lakhs. Salary estimates are based on 1.4k salaries received from Digital Marketers.
- Analytical skills.
- PPC and SEM.
- Email marketing skills.
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Problem-solving skills.
- Look for Opportunities to Diversify. ...
- Embrace Paid Social. ...
- Focus On Your Existing Content. ...
- Nurture Brand Advocates. ...
- Constantly Optimize User Experience. ...
- Connect Online and Offline Strategies. ...
- Prioritize Authenticity. ...
- Create a Memorable Message.
- Use More Videos. It feels like marketing tips list for the past decade have talked about video. ...
- Invest in Creating a Strong Brand Image. ...
- Optimize for Voice Search. ...
- Focus on Local SEO. ...
- Don't Neglect B2B Marketing.
- 1 Google's Online Marketing Challenge.
- 2 Social Media 101 Course By Constant Contact.
- 3 HubSpot Academy.
- 4 Google Skillshop.
- 5 Skillshare.
- 6 SEMrush Academy.
- 7 Ahrefs Academy.
- 8 Facebook Blueprint.
Can You Learn Digital Marketing On Your Own? Yes, you can learn the basics of digital marketing on your own, but because the digital marketing landscape never stops evolving, self-guided learning may not be the best route.